Hey there and welcome back to my blog! I hope you guys enjoyed part one of this series on veganism. I know some of the information can be hard to “hear” because we have grown so accustomed to including meat in our diets. And I’m not saying you have to cut it out entirely, as my husband and I have done. I just want you, my dear reader, to understand the unhealthy effects that meat can have on your body. My goal is not to frighten you, but to educate you on how to live a healthier life, have a healthy diet, and make better choices to improve your life.
In fact, because I want you to get healthier and/or lose weight with an all-plant-based diet, check out V3 bodybuilding! It’s an amazing product that I can truly recommend.
Now, with part two, I’m going to show you how eating meat effects your heart. I’m not talking about emotionally, I mean physically. So, stay with me here as we take this journey together!
We all know that being at an unhealthy weight is just not good for your body. But what you may not realize is that, while processed sugars are certainly fattening, meat and dairy actually cause far more damage to your heart than eating sweets. Here are some facts:
- 2/3 of adults are either overweight or obese
- 70 percent of deaths and morbidity (the condition of being diseased) are largely lifestyle related and preventable
- In the US, most kids by the age of 10 have fatty streaks in their arteries
- Over 17 million people die every year from cardiovascular disease
- Within minutes of eating dead meat bacteria toxins (which are found in any meat that you eat) the body gets a burst of inflammation which stiffens or paralyzes the arteries
- The #1 dietary source of cholesterol in America is chicken
- Eating 1 egg per day is just as unhealthy as smoking 5 cigarettes per day for your life expectancy
- The #1 source of saturated fat is dairy
- The egg industry actually funds studies that are meant to confuse consumers
- The main strategy for the meat, dairy, and egg industries is to confuse you, the public, so they can introduce doubt (similar to the tobacco industry)
- Even the American Heart Association is on the payroll of these big companies, promoting the consumption of meat and dairy, despite the fact that they know it is unhealthy for your heart
- Blood vessel dementia is caused by clogging up your arteries from a steady stream of fat and cholesterol
I know that this is a lot of information to take in. We’ve been so brainwashed as a society to believe everything we read. We trust these major “health” companies to protect us and give us true information, but we don’t realize that these health corporations are actually funded by the meat, dairy, and egg industries. Thus, we can’t expect them to tell us the truth at all. Even many medical professionals aren’t taught the truth about meat, dairy, and eggs and how dangerous they are to our bodies.
In my next post, I’ll continue this series with meat/dairy/fish and how it relates to cancer.
Hey, I know these topics aren’t fun or pleasant. But I truly just want you to have this information, the truth, and then you can decide what to do with it. If you choose to cut out meat/dairy/fish entirely from your diet, great. If you only cut back on it, that’s good too. But I can’t just sit back and not at least give you the facts, whatever you want to do with them.
So, tune in on Thursday for the next post! Share this post with others on your social media network so that they can know the truth too. And please comment below because I’d love to hear what you think about all this information – whether you agree, disagree, or just have questions and comments.